Write for Us
GoodLife accepts work done by young people ages 10 to 20 and pays for accepted work.
- Deadlines: Winter, November 9 // Spring, February 9 // Summer, May 9 // Fall, August 9
- Permission: We’ll need a parental email if you are younger than 16 (giving permission to publish your work and receive payment). We also need your address.
- Topics Examples: Lifestyle, music, book and movie reviews, sports and fitness, political and environmental.
- Writing strategies: Reflecting, reporting, explaining, arguing, opinion and humor!
- Length: 200 to 500 words
Be creative and send work that you would be proud to have published. All articles must be appropriate for ages 10 to 100! Work not used is stored for another issue. Use the submission form below, or send your submission to:
GoodLife Youth Journal
20 Mountainview Avenue
Woodstock, New York 12498
You can write about:
- Express what amazes/surprises/anger you .
- Ideas you wonder about .
- Details that catch your eye and you notice.
- Look for your personal triggers to generate stories or poems .
- What intrigues you .
- Bits and pieces of talk you overhear in others conversations.
- Memories that left impressions .
- Lists to rework ideas and weave together thoughts .
- Photos, articles, ticket stubs or other artifacts .
- Your own sketches, drawings or doodles .
- Quotes that move you from people or books.
Other good ways:
- Reread your work and refine.
- Experiment with new kinds of writing .
- Give yourself permission to write badly!
- Dreams that may unlock the subconscious story.